Ethervane ActiveHotkeys detects what global keyboard shortcuts (hotkeys) are currently registered on the computer by various applications. This helps you determine which hotkeys are in use, and which are still available. All possible combinations of Alt, Ctrl, Shift and Win modifiers with regular typewriter keys are supported.
The program displays total counts of existing, inactive and currently active hotkeys. The program displays total counts of existing, inactive and currently active hotkeys.Results can be copied to clipboard or saved to file. Results are copied and saved as tab-delimited format, which can be imported into a spreadsheet. Settings are saved between sessions.
- Supports all possible combinations of Alt, Ctrl, Shift and Win modifiers with regular typewriter keys.
- Results can be sorted and filtered to show all possible hotkeys or only currently active hotkeys (those registered by various applications in the system).
- Displays total counts of existing, inactive and currently active hotkeys.
- Results can be copied to clipboard or saved to file. Results are copied and saved as tab-delimited format, which can be imported into a spreadsheet.
- Settings are saved between sessions.
How to use ActiveHotkeys
- At the top-left of the screen, under “Select modifier keys”, select checkboxes for the modifier keys or chords which you want to test. For example, if you are only interested in shortcuts including the Windows key, select Win, Alt+Win, Ctrl+Win and Shift+Win.
You can right-click this area for additional handy commands. There are commands to select all modifier key combinations, clear all selections, as well as to select all the single key modifiers or 2-, 3- and 4-key chords.
- Below the top area, under “Select normal key groups”, select checkboxes for the key groups you want to test. For example, you may want to test only the alphabetic keys, only numbers, or a combination of the available groups. These selections allow you to limit the number of results, so that finding a particular key is easier.
Right-click this area for additional commands to select all key groups or clear all selections.
Hint: Click the “Key groups” tab to find out what keys are included in each group.
- Click the “Test active hotkeys” button at the bottom of the screen, or press F9. Results will be displayed in the main pane.
Right-click the listing of results for additional commands:
- Select all results
- Copy selected results to clipboard
- Save selected results to file
- Toggle between showing all results, or only the active (currently registered) hotkeys.
version: 1.3.1 build 16
released: February 15, 2012
OS: Windows 95 or later, 32-bit only
Ethervane ActiveHotkeys setup (1.26 MB exe)
Ethervane ActiveHotkeys portable (1 MB zip)
See what’s new in the latest release
Need support? Please visit this thread on DonationCoder.com, where Ethervane ActiveHotkeys was originally published.