InjectURL: Known bugs and limitations
- InjectURL is not always able to detect correctly which browsers are running.
- Some users have reported incorrect URLs injected into documents. I have not been able to reproduce this problem, but I intend to rewrite the program from scratch using a different browser integration technique to eliminate these problems.
- In folder monitoring (automatic) mode, InjectURL may sometimes try to read a file that the browser hasn't yet finished saving. This happens when you choose the Save As command in Netscape before Netscape has completely loaded it. This causes Netscape to open a new connection specifically for the purpose of saving the document - and, of course, this takes considerably longer than saving a document that is readily available (completely loaded). In that case, InjectURL will try to read the newly created file and fail, because Netscape creates the file in a non-shareable mode. InjectURL will display an error message and won't be able to process that file normally.
- Inject URL may not work correctly with MS Internet Explorer version 5.x.
- Mozilla, Opera, and Netscape 6 are not supported.
Found a bug?
To report a bug or another problem not listed here, see the Contact page
or submit a comment here
. Please make sure to read the FAQ