Additional downloads for KeyNote: Plugins, sample files, help files, buttons, templates, etc.
Updated Help files for KeyNote
Edited and reformatted by John Biederman, who also added a few new sections. You can replace your existing keynote.hlp file with the WinHelp file available here. The HTML Help version will not work with KeyNote, but it is more convenient for browsing and reading.
Sample KeyNote files
Various sample files that you can use directly or as examples of how others are using KeyNote.
- kn_pim.zip - PIM template for KeyNote, by Massimo Peri
- kn_inventory.zip - an inventory template for KeyNote, by gg (new)
- kn_latium_delphi_newsletter.zip - Latium Delphi newsletters compiled into a KeyNote file, by Jayan Chandrasekhar
- knt_2003_calendar.zip - a stunningly beautiful calendar for 2003, in KNT format, by spokesman001
- kn_helpknt.zip - KeyNote Help file in KNT format, by Nathan Sendhil
- kn_handbook.zip - a collection of KeyNote-related material, by Nathan Sendhil
- lml_archive.zip - a compilation of postings to Largactil mailing list, by Nathan Sendhil
- keynote_faq.zip - KeyNote FAQ in Windows Help format
- kn_screenplaytemplate.zip - Template for creating screenplays, by Daniel Landry
- kn_adbk.zip - Addressbook template with sample screenshots, by Laz Phillip
More sample files, add-ons, screenshots, etc.
These are links to external sites, where you can find more sample files and related material.
Plugins for KeyNote
Plugins require KeyNote version 0.999 or higher. To install: unzip the downloaded file into the "plugins" subdirectory directly below the directory where KeyNote is installed. If the Resource Panel is not visible in KeyNote, display it by clicking the "View" menu and selecting the "Resource Panel" command. In the Resource Panel, click the "Plugins" tab to display a list of installed plugins. You may have to refresh the list: to do so, right-click the list of plugins and select the "Reload plugins" command. Double-click a plugin to run it. Please view the "readme.txt" file included with each plugin.
- kn_wallcalendar.zip - wall calendar plugin, by Wallace Audley (new)
- kn_googleplugin.zip - runs Google search for text or phrase selected in KeyNote, by Lonnie Clardy
- kn_outlookplugin.zip - sends current note via email, using MS Outlook, by Lonnie Clardy
- kn_pastehtml.zip - Plugin To SaveAsHTML after copying from Browser, if the browser provides such a facility, by Jayan Chandrasekhar. (Works with Internet Explorer.)
- kn_dialer.zip - TAPI phone dialer for KeyNote, by Tom Drahokoupil
- kn_funckey.zip - Allows you to customize function keys. Alt, Shift+Alt and Ctrl+Alt function key combinations can be assigned to plugins, macros, styles, templates and fonts.
- kn_calendar.zip - Displays a simple calendar and allows you to insert selected date in active note. (distributed with KeyNote)
- kn_scratchpad.zip - RTF scratchpad, a small text window you can use for taking quick notes or for drag-and-drop text editing between notes.
- kn_keyrepeat.zip - Key autorepeat plugin, repeatedly sends a keyboard shortcut to KeyNote, with optional delay. Can perform an auto-scroll function, or can be useful for inserting an exact number of characters.
- kn_erisdate.zip - Discordian calendar. (See Erisian warez page for more...)
- kn_plugintest.zip - A test plugin (distributed with KeyNote).
Plugins and additional resources to integrate KeyNote with PDAs
- PalmMemo2KeyNoteSetup.exe - Palm Desktop 4.1 plugin to export Palm Memo data to KNT file, by Tom Drahokoupil
- kn_palmexport.zip - KeyNote plugin: Exports text from KNT file to a Palm .PDB document(compressed "doc" file).
Plugin development kit
kntplugins-dev.zip - includes documentation and example source code for those interested in writing plugins for KeyNote; about 200 kb
File format specification
Detailed specification of KeyNote file format. The package includes detailed description of the file structure, additional notes and example .KNT files.
KNTConvert: KeyNote converter
kntconvert.zip - Program to convert mail and news archives or free-form plain text files to KeyNote tree-type notes; Requires KeyNote 1.3 or later; about 400 kb
- mm2keynote.zip - MindManager script to export mindmaps to KNT format, by Tom Drahokoupil
- keynote2mm.zip - MindManager script that converts KeyNote files to MindManager maps, by Chris Green
A small collection of KeyNote buttons donated by users of KeyNote. You can use these buttons if you have a website of your own and would like to include a link to KeyNote.