KeyNote: Open-Source development
Ever since the release of version 1.0, KeyNote has been distributed under Mozilla Public License (MPL). Full source code is available from the Downloads section. (Borland Delphi 3 is required to compile version 1.x; version 2.0 is being developed in Delphi 5 and 6.)
KeyNote 2.0 is now under design. It will offer many new features and enhancements. Developers, designers and testers are welcome to participate in the process of developing version 2.0 of KeyNote. Please use the links below to find out more about planned features and current development status.
- KeyNote 2.0 Development FAQ
- KeyNote 2.0 "Help wanted": a general outline of areas where help is sought (programming, know-how, interoperability, design, graphics, testing, support...)
- A list of specific programming issues I'm seeking assistance with.
- If you're a designer and would like to provide ideas or assistance, please see the graphical design requirements.
- KeyNote-dev mailing list (for developers, designers and testers ONLY).
- Download section at this website, and the new Add-ons section, where you will find the latest source code release, information about developing plugins, sample files and source code, etc.
- KeyNote 1.x file format specification, with detailed description, notes and examples
- KeyNote at SourceForge:
- Full text of Mozilla Public License (at opensource.org)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com